Hospital Digital Fundraising Report: First-of-Its-Kind for Hospital Foundations
Digital Health Strategies team up with Association for Healthcare Philanthropy to survey the hospital fundraising industry
By Wendy Johnson, Director of Content and Marketing
December 14, 2021
WASHINGTON, D.C., Dec. 14, 2021. — Digital Health Strategies, which specializes in creating comprehensive digital fundraising strategies for healthcare organizations, and the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), which provides education, networking, information and research to hospital foundations, today announced the publication of the first-ever Digital Fundraising Benchmark Report for Hospitals.
Designed exclusively with hospital foundations in mind, the groundbreaking report uses data gathered from regional and national U.S. health systems, academic medical centers and specialty hospitals to provide insights and metrics that matter to hospital foundations and which can help strengthen their fundraising and digital operations.
Key benchmarks and insights include:
- Average online gift amount
- Average email open and click-through rates
- List growth rates
- Strategies for combining data and wealth screening with digital approaches
Other key insights within the report include:
- Digital fundraising is a top priority for 62% of hospital foundations surveyed.
- However, two-thirds of hospital foundations don’t have dedicated staff to support digital fundraising operations and still rely on direct mail as a major source of foundation revenue. “Direct mail isn’t going away, but there’s a huge opportunity to integrate it with expertly designed email campaigns,” said John Simpson, Digital Health Strategies co-founder.
- Two-thirds of hospital foundations haven’t created a digital grateful patient program. Simpson noted how one regional health system converted a first-time digital donor into a $1M+ single-gift donor within six months of implementing such a program.
- Download the first annual report, “2021 Digital Fundraising Benchmark Report for Hospital Foundations.”
- Listen to an on-demand presentation: ”Raising Digital Dollars: An Exclusive Look at Results from the Inaugural Digital Fundraising Benchmark Report for Hospitals.”
- View slides from the on-demand presentation.
- Learn about Scripps Health Foundation’s success with digital fundraising.
About Digital Health Strategies
Digital Health Strategies is a boutique digital agency dedicated to serving the needs of healthcare providers. Their team brings decades of expertise with Fortune 500 companies, national nonprofit organizations and Silicon Valley to create comprehensive data, technology and communication solutions that healthcare organizations can use to effectively reach patients, physicians and donors. Visit DigitalHealthStrategies.com to learn more.
About the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy is an international professional organization that provides education, networking, information and research to more than 5,500 development professionals worldwide. Visit www.ahp.org to learn more.
Digital Health Strategies
Matthew Tripsas, Director of Partnerships
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
Jenny Love, Chief Content Officer