Reports to Director of Fundraising Operations
Location: Preferably Philadelphia, New York or Washington, D.C.; remote may be considered
As Email Developer, you will be a vital addition to our Delivery Team which ensures our healthcare clients’ email campaigns are implemented at the highest level of technical capability, incorporate web and access best practices, and are optimized to render perfectly across email clients and recipient settings, and follow the latest guidance regarding spam and phishing for bulk senders.
You’ll play a role advising our design, content and account teams on best practices and ensuring they are incorporated during content development and design phases.
If you are passionate about email development, possess strong technical skills, and want to hone them in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, then we invite you to join our innovative team.
The ideal candidate will have experience with multiple email platforms and keeps up-to-date with the state of the email industry. (An annual allowance is available per staff member for professional development.)
- Email Campaign Development:
- Utilize HTML/CSS and email marketing best practices to create and code interactive email experiences across commonly used email platforms like Emma, Constant Contact and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Develop and modify email templates, ensuring they align with brand guidelines and client requirements.
- Assist with the development of and lead the implementation of email-based tests across content, sender names, segmentation, time of send and other variables
- Landing Page Development:
- Assist with creation of landing pages and tracking links for marketing and fundraising campaigns across various CMS and donation management platforms.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver client campaigns on time and to plan.
- Quality Assurance:
- Conduct thorough testing of email campaigns to ensure compatibility across various email clients and devices.
- Identify and resolve any coding issues or rendering discrepancies.
- Assist with the development of and lead the implementation of landing page variables in support of client or cross-client testing and optimization plans, involving A/B and multi-variate approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in email development
- Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS
- Proficient in responsive email design and front-end development
- Tools and Platforms:
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Emma, Constant Contact, MailChimp required
- Experience with nonprofit platforms such as Blackbaud Luminate Online, BBIS, BBCRM, or Raiser’s Edge NXT a bonus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to go the extra mile and ensure excellence
- Can-do personality, focused on learning something new every day
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Health Strategies is a healthcare-exclusive, digital-first fundraising and marketing agency and solutions provider. For the past 9 years, we have leveraged data science, digital technologies, and creativity to develop and implement innovative programs that solve the most complex fundraising and marketing challenges for some of the largest health systems in the US.